Monday, February 5, 2018

ALDI Favorites and Whole 30 finds

Happy Monday friends! Anyone out there still sticking to their New Years resolution to eat healthier? We are not doing a perfectttt job but we have made huge steps to try to choose healthier meals during the week. Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite finds from Aldi! Everything here is Whole 30 approved and I was able to get it all for under $50. I was so surprised to see that Aldi has such healthy options on their shelves! 


  • Produce- I've heard negative things about Aldi produce in the past (going bad quickly) but I personally have never had any issues. This past trip I picked up a bag of apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, a cucumber and oranges. All great things to have on hand for snacking and throwing together a salad for lunch! 
  • Eggs- I eat eggs almost every morning and they sell them for  only .99 cent a dozen! I always try to get two dozen at a time. 
  • Guacamole/ Salsa- Last week we made guacamole fried egg burgers and chicken lettuce wraps so I knew I wanted some guacamole and salsa on hand. Of course you can always make your own guacamole but this particular one-the Little Salad Bar Classic Guacamole, has only clean ingredients and is a steal at $2.99. (It comes with two pouches in one box which is so nice if you only need part of it! They also have Whole 30 approved salsa. I picked up some Chipotle Lime Salsa and restaurant style. 
  • Meats- My favorite meat I bought was their grass fed burgers. So good! We also picked up shrimp for shrimp salads and a pork loin to make whole 30 carnitas. 
  • Sparkling Water- I'm a huge La Croix fan and Aldi sells their own version called Belle Vie that is comparable! 
  • Sweet potato chips- these are so addicting! They may not exactly be whole 30 but they only have three ingredients (Sweet potatoes, canola oil, sea salt) which is 10,000 times better than most potato chips! 

If you are an Aldi shopper I'd love to know some of your go to items!

5 comments:

  1. We don't have an Aldi, but I've heard great things. The guac burgers sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our local Aldi! So much goodness for so cheap! I have noticed the produce quality varies from store to store

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Aldi's sparkling water. Such a deal! I always get produce there - organic strawberries, blueberries, bananas, grape tomatoes, and apples every week. I also really love that they are mindful about their products. I once emailed them when helping my friend plan her child's birthday party because he has a super severe tree nut allergy. They actually investigated how their animal crackers were made for me and got back to me with detailed info to make sure they were safe for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow Aldi has hit your shores as well! People here are literally obsessed with it and I d not go a day without people trying to convert me! I can't believe they are conquering the US - do they have mega stores or small ones like over here? Europafox x

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to Aldi! I do probably 90% of our shopping there! I do have to meal plan around what I know I can get there but we probably save $200-$300 a MONTH on our groceries. Can you tell I'm passionate about this? lol

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: