Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend 2018

We had the best Memorial Day weekend spending time with our family! We did start the weekend with one very scary mishap. Friday afternoon Justin and I were gearing up to meet some friends and family at Ocean Isle Beach to listen to some beach music when I was involved in a car accident with 4 week old Anna Claire in the car! Thankfully everyone was okay but it was definitely terrifying to know you have a baby in the backseat that could have been hurt. The wreck was not my fault seeing as we were stopped for a school bus letting students out when I was rear ended by a girl who admitted she was just not paying attention. I am just counting my blessings that everyone walked away uninjured, especially Anna Claire. I am so thankful for good car seats!! After that incident I really was not in the mood for the beach music concert so instead Justin's parents came over and we ordered pizza, cuddled Anna Claire and called it a night. 


Saturday morning my sister drove to town and we all met at my moms house to stay for the weekend and celebrate her birthday. One of my lifelong friends stopped by to meet Anna Claire and it was so nice to catch up with her! Afterward the whole family headed to a late lunch at a local waterfront spot that serves the best shrimp burgers and steamed shrimp/crabcake combo and has an endless selection of cold beer and RumDums. There is just something about eating on the water with a cold breeze and good seafood. Afterward, we headed back to the house to catch up and just relax on the porch. That night we had a pizza bar which was so easy and so fun! 






Sunday morning we had good intentions to head to church but ended up not making it. Instead we went through two pots of coffee and enjoyed homemade waffles before heading out to the beach. It was overcast but it was the perfect day for Anna Claire because we didn't have to worry about her overheating. I have a baby dome that completely shields her from the sun and is perfect for the beach. We did let her touch the wet sand for the first time but in typical newborn fashion she slept through the whole thing, haha. That night Justin's parents joined us for dinner and mom made a wonderful spread including blue cheese burgers. 

.. does it getter cuter than that?! insert alllll the heart eyes!!!!! 






Monday we were all sad to see the weekend come to a close! Justin and I headed back home to do a million loads of laundry and get together with our neighbors for dinner We also had more family come over Monday evening so we kept the festivities going until about 10pm! It was the best weekend full of just enjoying being with family! I am thankful for those who died for our great country and made spending an extra day with family possible! 


Uncle Doug testing out the Solly Wrap 

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you and Anna Claire are ok! Camden got in a very small wreck with a sitter once and I literally almost threw up when I read the text she sent me about it. It really brings you down to earth! Glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your weekend though. She is precious!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: