I am a total cheese ball and love any holiday, even groundhog day! Any reason to possibly have hope that spring is nearing makes me excited. Here are some facts you may not have known about our little season predictor Punxsutawney Phil.
1. Even though groundhogs only live about 10 years, this groundhog has been kicking since 1880. Hey, it isn't up for me to decide(;
2. He is very tech savy and will be tweeting as well as texting his prediction this year.
3. He speaks Groundhogese which is only heard and understood by the president of the Groundhog club's inner circle.
4. PPhil has several other names as well- Prognosticator of Prognosticators, National treasure and others.
5. We can thank the German immigrants who came to Punxsutawney, Pa. for this tradition.
Here's to hoping little man does not see his shadow and spring is well on it's way. (Although, I still don't think Winter has hit this part of NC.. High of 70 yesterday and high of 65 today!)