Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall=Football



In the south fall and football seem to go hand in hand. Saturdays are spent tailgating unless there is an away game in which Saturdays are still spent tailgating, just in front of a T.V. (: At ECU it has been said our town doesn't tailgate, we throw a city wide rager. Not something to brag about but definitely true. On game day don't plan on doing anything that doesn't involve the football game. It doesn't matter where you go in town traffic is backed up, purple and gold is EVERYWHERE, flags are flying, pigs are cooking and pirates are tailgating until the cannon signals the start of the game. Football was a huge part of my college experience. I am so lucky/excited that I get to enjoy another year, this time as alumni, cheering on my team!

Browsing on Pinterest I came across this photo which for some reason reminding me of high school football games. 


Coming from a high school that won the State Championship several years in a row it's safe to say football was a HUGE part of my life then as well. (we can even bring it back to middle school actually..) haha

anyway the point is. Fall is officially (pretty much) here and I'm so excited for game time!! 


--

on another note. 
I got SO many loving hugs from my students today. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it!




1 comment:

  1. First, I'm so jealous that you went to a football school because football is not big at my school... I have always loved going to tailgates! Also, I just love that quote "Enjoy the little things". I even have a sign with that quote hanging in my room :)
    -Caroline
    http://prettyinprep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: