Friday, July 29, 2016
Summer Reading List
One thing I have been trying to more of this summer is reading! I absolutely love reading but sometimes it gets pushed to the back burner to make time for other things. This summer I've made a conscious effort to turn off the TV and pick up a book. Whenever I'm looking for a new book to read I always look to other blogs and friends for suggestions. So let's get to it.. here are a few suggestions if you are looking for a new book this summer!
1. The Husbands Secret- This one had me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out WHAT the husband characters secret actually was. Once I figured that out it got a little slow but then picked back up at the end with a HUGE twist. The ending of this book had me speechless thinking about so much. Overall I really liked this book and would definitely recommend it!
2. Dear Carolina- I first picked up this book because the author Kristen Woodson Harvey is from NC, attended UNC and ECU and this first book is set in Kinston, not far from my college town (ECU)! I just had too many connections to her to not pick up this book and I am SO glad I did. This book is southern fiction, which I love. The characters were so relatable I was sad to say bye to them at the end! This book gets 5 starts in my opinion!
3. Lies and Other Acts of Love- Since I LOVED Dear Carolina so much I immediately picked up Harvey's second book- Lies and Other Acts of Love. Once again, I couldn't put it down. I absolutely love this new author and can't wait to see what she comes out with next!
4. Me Before You- I was recommended this book by a friend and wanted to make sure to read it before going to see the movie. As in most cases I think this book is much better than the movie. I felt like I really got to see first hand the emotions all of the characters went through that could be easily missed in the movie. This book was a little predictable but still really good.
5. Hissy Fit- I love anything by Mary Kay Andrews and this one had been on my "to read list" for a while now. It is a light summer read for sure that was cute, funny and kept me turning the pages. I loved getting to know the main character Keeley who fittingly threw a major hissy fit in the first few chapters. I would read this book again! It also included a recipe for a grits and greens casserole that I am now itching to make!
6. Where'd you go Bernadette- I can't really review this one yet because I just started it. So far so good so I will let you know once I finish!
What are you reading or have read that you love? I am always looking for books to add to my to read list!!