Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 Year In Review

2017 was such a good year for me and my family! There are so many memories to look back on and just smile. I am so thankful for all of the precious moments well spent over the past year. We had lots of ups and a few downs but have been able to see God's handiwork every step of the way. I missed out on sharing many moments during my blogging break so I'm going to highlight a few of my favorite memories from the year.


In January my mom and I filmed an episode for the show Beach Hunters on HGTV. It was seriously SUCH a fun experience and probably warrants a post of its on! 



We had a quiet February and celebrated Valentines day doing our favorite thing- hanging out at home with pizza, champagne and Carolina basketball!


In March I hosted a joint birthday party for Justin's 30th and my brother in law's 31st birthday. It was also the Carolina VS. Duke game. Justin is a HUGE Carolina fan and Doug is a Duke fan so it made for a fun night! I also ran in the Pawleys Island Marlin 5K. 





In April we spent a week in Mexico with four of our closest friends and had the BEST TRIP EVER! One of the couples actually got engaged while we were there! We have decided to make this a tradition and would love to go back to the same resort to repeat the week... It was definitely one of the highlights from the year! 



In May my mom with diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. This was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. My whole family was shocked and absolutely devastated. After finding out I did the only thing I knew to do... run to the Lord and cling to him. I can say that God helped me and used that situation to draw me closer to him which I am SO thankful for. He has been with my mom EVERY step of the way and I can happily say that now eight months later she is doing extremely well!  Just a few days after finding out I had a previously scheduled beach weekend with my small group planned which was so nice to have those girls to lean on. 


In June I visited my bff, Ashley in Charleston and spent every weekend soaking up the sun at the beach! 


In July we celebrated the fourth on the boat with family, attended several beach music concerts and had lots of beach days! I also went on a girls weekend with my mom and family bff's to Brevard, NC.





In August one of my best friends got engaged, Justin and I celebrated our second anniversary, I celebrated my 27th birthday with Henson who turned 3 and I found out the best news of my life.. that I was pregnant! I told Justin and our parents but kept it a secret for the next month or so.




In September, school was back in full swing and I was battling first trimester nausea and fatigue all while keeping the baby a secret from coworkers. I managed to sneak off for a bachelorette party in Asheville which was super fun despite not partaking in the adult beverages! 

In October we announced our pregnancy and I found out the gender but kept it a secret from EVERYONE- even Justin until our gender reveal! 



In November we had a gender reveal party to announce that baby is a little girl! 


In December we ended the year fishing with my dad and celebrating the Christmas season! 




I am thankful for a wonderful 2017 and so excited about what's to come in 2018! Happy New Year! 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness what an eventful year!! The HGTV show sounds so cool and the beach vacation sounds like a blast! So sorry to hear about your mom but I'm so glad she's doing so well! That is so scary. So amazing that y'all are welcoming a little girl in a few months!! Happy New Year and it sounds like 2018 is going to be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: