Monday, January 8, 2018

Weekending

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! It was freezing here in coastal NC!! It is finally warming up a bit today so I'm hoping things can start to go back to normal. We missed three days of school last week and students are still out today. It is certainly true that we tend to shut down everything for just a little bit of snow here in the south! 

This weekend Justin and I had a super low-key Friday night just trying to stay warm. I did paint a little side table that was in our former guest bedroom to match our crib. The plan is to reuse it in the nursery. I loved how it turned out! 



 I was starting to go stir crazy after being trapped in the house for several days so 0n Saturday we headed to Wilmington for some yummy Thai food, some shopping, and to watch the UNC basketball game. We even ran into Justin's cousin and got to watch the basketball game with her which was a fun surprise! Saturday night we had an unfortunate freak accident happen... The screws of our attic door came loose and the entire wooden door fell on top of my car cracking my windshield. {insert major eye roll} We are contacting our insurance company today so fingers crossed they will cover it! 





On Sunday we attended church, cuddled with Henson and I attended an afternoon tea bridal shower for one of my friends. The whole shower was so pretty.. I wish I had taken more pictures! 






3 comments:

  1. Love the before and after on your table, so pretty. And yes, brrr, it's been chilly everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy it's finally starting to warm up!! Being cooped up in the house was not so much fun, and I might even say I'm happy to be back at work today... miiiight say that ;) Have a good week!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend - minus the attic accident!! The table you repainted looks great!

    Kristin
    stripesandsangria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: