Friday, June 29, 2018

5 on Friday

One. I know I'm biased but am I aloud to think I have the cutest baby in the world?! Uhh.. my heart... I could just eat her up! This little nugget is 9 weeks old and has the happiest personality. I am in shock at how fast time has gone by and how much she has changed! This little watermelon bubble is Crown and Ivy. They have some of the cutest baby clothes! 



Two. I just finished reading We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. It touches on teenage pregnancy and illegal immigration which normally would not be my cup of tea in a summer reading book but this one is excellent. I recommend it! Up next on my list is The Last Mrs Parish which I have heard is also excellent. 


Three. I am not a big lip stick/lip gloss person.. in fact 99% of the time you will find me rocking chapstick. I am super picky because I like a very natural look and everything I have ever tried is always too red or too pink. Well I finally found a lip product that I love! It is Laura Geller Nude Kisses Lip Hugging Lip Gloss in the color Skinny Dip. 


Four. I have had a time trying to find an affordable one piece swimsuit that is flattering for my postpartum body this summer. I have no joke bought and returned 5 bathing suits and tried on numerous others in stores. Every bathing suit I have tried is always way too small in the rear. After searching high and low I finally found a bathing suit from J. Crew that fits perfect! I also scored it on sale which was an added bonus. Now that I know I the fit is perfect for my body type I want to order another one in a different style.

this is the one I bought but I am eyeing the striped one shoulder one next! 




Five. I've shared some of my favorite Aldi finds here before but today I'm adding a new one to the list. These eggplant Cutlets are excellent and make such a quick meal. This week I used my spiralizer to make noodles and baked these eggplant cutlets with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese for a quick and easy eggplant Parmesan dish. You could also use noodles instead of zucchini noodles if you don't have a spiralizer. So yummy! 

Five + 1. I can add one more thought right? sure.. let's go. This is an important one. If you are looking for a podcast episode to listen to I would suggest you listen to this one. It's a sermon by The Porch Channel and it's SO good and SO eye opening. Save it for when you have an hour to listen. You won't regret it (: 


or search The Porch Channel podcast Episode Eternal FOMO


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that watermelon bubble! And that headband! Dying of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watermelon bubble is precious! She is a gorgeous baby. And I love the striped swim suit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black swimsuit is so cute! I am always on the hunt for the perfect suit! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that straw baby hat is just too much! how sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: