If we were sitting down together for a cup of coffee... or better yet a glass of wine these are the thoughts I would ramble on about... Also, mommy brain is a thing so most likely these thoughts would all come out in one long jumbled sentence because my mind is always running a million miles a minute. Moving on..
1. I'm really trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I only have 5 pounds to go but I have a feeling it's going to be the hardest 5 pounds. The rest seemed to come off pretty easy without much effort but now I have hit a wall. I eat fairly healthy but I have no desire to break a sweat. On a whim I purchased Beach Body on Demand last night so that I can do some workout videos at home while Anna Claire is napping. I'm hoping spending money on the program will encourage me and not having to leave the house to go to the gym with a newborn will eliminate the excuses.
2. The witching hour is a real thing. I thought we were one of the lucky ones that had the perfect baby that hardly ever cried but the last two days 5:30-7:00 pm Justin and I have stared at each other in amazement while our normally perfect little baby looses her mind. It's a season.... I also learned that this will not be the hour I workout. Last night I made it 10 minutes into my first workout when I had to abandon it for a screaming newborn. Haha, I will try again today at a different time.
Daddy to the rescue
3. Two book recommendations for you- For the Love by Jen Hatmaker and We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Both are excellent reads! I laughed out loud while reading For the Love the other night when I got to this part:
"Thank you 4:00pm., for being the time of day that thoroughly confuses me; post homework and pre dinner. I am already exhausted and fairly irritable. The children are losing their ever-loving minds, and husband is still tucked away in his sane office with all mental faculties intact and won't answer my SOS text to hurry and come home or their blood is on your hands. Do I make coffee? Or pour a glass of wine? Yours, witching hour survivor."
-replace homework with taking care of a newborn and that pretty much sums up my evenings this week. I feel ya Jen! HA
4. Do you watch Southern Charm? I'm obsessed. If you don't, you should... It's based in Charleston and comes on Bravo on Thursday nights. So tonight.... you're welcome! They make me feel normal and it never fails I laugh out loud at least three times while watching.
5. Anna Claire got her 2 month shots yesterday and it was heartbreaking! She actually did pretty well and only screamed at the top of her lungs for about two minutes. It was so hard to watch though! I'm so glad we don't have to go back for two more months! As much as I dreaded taking her I'm so thankful to live in a place where we have such wonderful medical care to keep our babies healthy!