Thursday, June 16, 2011

Attempting

The title of this post is called attempting because it is going to be about improving my health. When I start talking about eating healthy, exercising more and clearing my mind I truly am motivated 100 percent and intend to do everything I say. However, I know myself and I know that I fall into the temptation of getting a cone of ice cream or a diet dr pepper real quick. With that being said- I'm going to try once again! I have good intentions and that counts for something right? Justin and I recently had a "what would you do if you were running for president.." conversation. Where mine was mostly about education he said he would put limitations on what fast food restaurants can serve. I agree with him 100 percent! Long story short, we made a bet that no matter how busy we are, from now until August 1st (my bday) we would eat NO fast food (and that includes chick-fil-a and five guys which is a HUGE sacrifice!). With the fast food we also said no soda.. we are still debating on diet soda, ha!

This is my new perspective on life: I absolutely LOVE this! I feel so blessed and hope you do too..


Here is some information I gathered about drinking soft drinks. I got all my information from this link!

What they say: after a few years of drinking soda regularly..

- you will gain 10 pounds over a four year period. Now I don't know about yall but I want my 10 pounds to come from guacamole and fried foods... not soda. With that being said I'll stick with my sweet tea and water and hope that I can convince whoever makes these decisions that my diet dr. pepper is acceptable.
- you'll probably have diabetes
- your more likely to develop heart disease

So, I'm off to trying to be a healthier person once again. I hope yall have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I very rarely eat fast food, but I love a good Coke! Also, I absolutely love that image about poverty, etc--in high school, in one of my classes there was a poster that said __% of the world's population lives on less than $1 a day. I can't remember the exact percent, but it was high and always reminded me to be so thankful for what I have and also seek change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and am going to take this food challenge along with you!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: