Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eves Eve


Sometime I think the build up to Christmas is what I love the most. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Christmas day. Once it ends though, it's so sad! The weeks before Christmas is when many of the fun traditions and activities take place that I love so much. I love driving around looking at the Christmas lights, decorating the Christmas tree, baking cookies, shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, giving/receiving Christmas cards and everything else that comes along with the Holiday. Here are a few of my favorite traditions during the Christmas season!

I love the Elf on the Shelf!! I didn't learn about this until last year when the family I babysit for started doing it for their little girl. Many of the second grade classrooms also have an Elf during the month of December! If you haven't heard of this before you can read about it here. It's so much fun to see the excitement it brings to all of the kids. They can't wait to share where their Elf ended up and the note he wrote. Part of the magic of Christmas is believing.


Christmas lights are another favorite of mine. I love them on houses, on fences, trees and everything in between. One of my favorite ways to display them is through lighted Christmas balls. I don't know if that is the correct term for them but it's the best I could come up with, haha. A neighborhood in Greensboro that I drive through while shopping does these. They are wire balls lit up in an arrangement of colors. When the whole street does them it is magical. The pictures don't do it justice! I always think I am driving through Dr. Seuss land with all of the colors. It is absolutely gorgeous and a must see if you are ever in the area!



The last tradition that I couldn't live without is Christmas music! Hearing Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is an automatic mood booster. I even have to admit that I like the new Justin Bieber Christmas album! I begin listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving and don't stop until well into January. I don't care what anyone has to say- I enjoy it! What is your favorite tradition during the holiday season?

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you--there is just something magical about the Christmas season leading up to the actual day. Another favorite tradition of mine is the pickle--where you hide a pickle ornament on the tree and the first person to find it gets to open the first present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to ride through the neighborhood in Greensboro to see the balls! It is so pretty and kind of magical! Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year my family and I take one night off and devote it to looking at the Christmas lights around town. There's just something so nice about knowing that they will be there year after year. Also, just like you we have picked up the elf on the shelf trend after hearing so much abot it last year. It's quickly become something we look forward to every day in December. Have a very Merry Chirstmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could drive to see those lights! They look so festive and fun! Love it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: