Friday, March 30, 2012

Carolina Cup

It's finally Friday!! My blogging has been slack this week because I have been sick, had to finish my senior portfolio and had lesson planning for next week to do. It is now Friday however and I am FINISHED with everything!! After all the hard work it is such a sweet feeling! In just a little bit I will be loading up the car with sundresses, jack rogers and floppy hats. I'm Columbia, SC bound for the weekend.


Carolina Cup weekend is by far one of my favorite events of the year. Every spring hundreds of ECU students pack up and head up to SC for the weekend. Everyone stays in the same hotel (I apologize for the families staying), everyone eats at the same places, everyone goes to the same bars. It is so neat to be 4+ hours away but see SO many fellow students and friends. My friends and I will be heading to Columbia for the night where we will meet up with some old friends that attend USC. When I was a sophomore and attended Carolina Cup I met some guys from USC and have been able to keep in touch and remain friends ever since. I even went back for his formal one year!


We will all be heading out tonight for a few drinks at our favorite college bar- Pavlov's. Despite the guaranteed fun, but late night we will be waking up bright and early to get dressed up in sundresses and floppy hats to head to Camden, SC for Carolina Cup 2012. Here there will be no shortage of Lilly Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, seersucker, bow ties, bows and floppy hats. If you have been following me for a while you may have picked up on my roommate and I having matching cups for all kinds of events. (yes we are entirely that cheesy) We couldn't let the tradition die this weekend so we will be sporting monogrammed mason jars(;
I'll be back Sunday very tired but with lots of stories to share. If you're at cup and see me be sure to say hello! Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time; I can't wait to hear about it!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics! Such a perfect southern weekend! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pavlov's! HAHA! Hope you have a blast in Cola Town. We always hit up Dr. Rocco's across the street and then the Saloon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun thing to do! Hope it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: