Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Musings


I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to kick start this Monday! I had the best time at beach music and visiting Hilary at UVA. Thursday, Maghan and I headed to visit my old roommate in Cary, NC. Once we got ready we made the quick drive to Raleigh to see the Craig Woolard band play at North Hills. I love visiting Raleigh because there are SO many of my friends that have graduated and moved there. I spent the evening catching up and dancing with tons of friends I hadn't seen in a while. After the concert ended a group of friends and I headed to a place called World of Beer to have a few drinks and catch up. Friday the girls and I woke up to breakfast in bed and had a chance to run some errands before Maghan and I had to leave for VA.

Some of the girls

Us with Craig (It was after the show so please ignore the sweaty faces, ha)

It was then off to Charlottesville, VA to visit miss Hilary. We surprised her with all of her birthday goodies then headed out for a night on the town. UVA is an amazing school to visit, it is absolutely gorgeous and has a great small town college charm. My only dislike- your late night pizza places are TOO good. Meaning, I can't say no! Saturday the girls decided to have lunch at an Irish Pub called Trinity. The weather was perfect so we got to sit outside for our meal. Afterwards we made our way to Pippin Hill Farm for a wine tasting. This was by far my favorite part of the trip. The view was absolutely stunning. While we were there a wedding party arrived for pictures. JJ Redick from Duke basketball team happened to be one of the groomsmen. So neat!



After the tasting we hurried home to get changed to meet Hilary' family for dinner. Her parents rented out The Biltmore for an evening of birthday fun. We had so much fun continuing the birthday celebrations that night. By Sunday morning it was safe to say we were birthday-ed out and ready for some R&R. After a breakfast with her family Maghan and I headed back home. I had an amazing weekend but am glad to be back!

Did anyone see the new show Political Animals that premiered last night? I wasn't sure how I would like it but thought it was great and am officially addicted! anndddd Bachelorette tonight, Boys tell all night I think?! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Your entire weekend looks like it was so much fun!! I love going to visit friends in other places, but haven't gotten to this summer much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had so much fun this weekend! Your outfits were all so cute!
    xx your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: