Saturday, November 17, 2012

Healthy Change

I have made two changes in the past week that I hope to stick with in hope of a healthier me. Last weekend I mentioned I was celebrating a friends birthday on Friday night. My friend is a coworker who also teaches first grade. We had the absolute best time laughing and enjoying  a band at a local tavern. We joked that most of our crowd were teachers and the fact that even though we had left school we couldn't quite escape it as most of our stories were about our kids. I woke up relaxed Saturday and had the thought "hey, I don't have anything to do tomorrow AND don't have school Monday." With that in mind a made a spur of the moment decision to head home to see my parents. While home my mom made me a cup of Chai Tea. 

Here is where my healthy change comes in. I am a HUGE coffee drinker. I love everything about coffee, and often wish it was acceptable to drink it all day everyday. I have been skeptical about hot tea but after trying one cup my mom made me I am hooked. Yes, I still love coffee BUT if Chai Tea is just (or almost) as good as coffee why not make the switch. After doing  a little bit of research I have learned that tea has a ton of health benefits that coffee does not offer.  It is also very relaxing which is nice considering I work with 6 year olds all day. To put it simply, it's healthier. Enough said, I've made the switch. I'm enjoying a cup of Vanilla Chai Tea now! 

...and change number two, I'm so excited about!

 I joined a gym! 
A real gym, with real people and trainers, that I actually have to pay for, unlike in college. 

I am not a huge fitness buff and doubt I ever will be. I am however health consceience and realize that coming home after work and sitting on the couch until bed is not the best idea. I'm excited about my new gym and hope it's something I can stick with for the long run. The main reason I joined this particular gym is because they offer a wide range of fitness classes. Since I have joined I have tried out Party Jam, Zumba and Hot Yoga. 

Here is where I will smile and say hot yoga?  I might not be back at that one for a while. I think I was NOT in a beginners class and thought I was going to suffocate by the end. Yes, not again for a while. Maybe I should have given normal yoga a try first.. 

and just for fun..



2 comments:

  1. I love hot yoga! it takes some getting used to but once you do you always feel as if you had a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get back in the gym on a regular basis! By the end of the day, I am usually so worn out that going to the gym on the way home is tough, but I know if I make it a normal habit I will feel better (and LOOK better) in the long run! Good luck to both of us, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: