Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book Review and Some Perspective

I spent some time this summer in Orange Beach, Alabama visiting family. While there my mom and I checked out some of the local shops. One of our favorites we came across was a small Pack and Mail shop. It was just a packing/shipping store but it carried several books by a local author and had the friendliest staff. We were convinced we had to purchase a book after hearing how inspiring this author was. The owner of the store told us once we read it, he knew we would be back for another book by Andy Andrews.

I spent that day on the beach reading the book we picked up called The Noticer, by Andy Andrews. It turns out the owner of the store was right. I read the book in one day and returned the next ready for another one. If you are looking for a new book to read this summer I can't recommend this one enough!
This book is a true story but also mixes autobiography and fiction into it. One reason I think this book is so powerful is because it is so easy to read while being a true story. This book is about a town full of ordinary people who deal with everyday struggles. Finances, Divorce, Aging.. etc. An older man named Jones shows up just when the people of Orange Beach feel defeated and hopeless. With just a few words of wisdom, Jones offers people a new perspective that is able to change their life forever. 


After reading this book you will be ready to reevaluate your perspective on life! I can't tell you enough that this book is simply amazing! I'm reading another one of his now called The Heart Mender. I will be sure to share when I finish! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm making my way through Gone With the Wind right now (I've got less than 400 pages to go, ha!) but will have to put this on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: