Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thank You Apple Goodies

Justin and I are closing on our house today! To say I am thrilled is an understatement. I can't believe I now own a home with my fiance! Today will be spent cleaning the house from head to toe so that it is ready to move our furniture in on Friday. My mom is coming to town to help us move/ see my classroom/ and visit with some friends. I'm so happy she will be here to be a part of the big move! 

Our realtor and our loan officer have been SO helpful throughout the home buying process. I wanted to do something to express our thanks. Since we are nearing apple season in the Carolina's I decided to make each of them an apple goodie bag with homemade apple dip and a green apple. The dip turned out SO good I ended up making more for us to enjoy. Warning: it's addictive. 


Apple Dip Recipe

To make the apple dip you will need 8 oz of cream cheese softened, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup brown sugar, Carmel topping. The might be the easiest creation ever. All you have to do is mix the cream cheese, vanilla and brown sugar together. (Make sure to mix it well)  Move dip to a mason jar and top with Carmel. 

Turn the dip into a gift by adding a bow and some washi tape. I mean who doesn't love a mason jar with a bow and a colorful label?!



5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on closing on your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Such an exciting time. We are closing on our first house in a few days, too and it's the best feeling! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea!

    Such an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on closing your house!! this dip looks SO good! i love apples :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: