Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday friends!  I'm linking up today for Five on Friday with DARCICHRISTINALIZ, and NATASHA. (Only I'm really doing a Four on Friday because the stomach flu has hit and taken any energy I have away to come up with one more thing.. ) 


One. 
Scarlet and Gold is offering a FREE calligraphy class. Did your heart just skip a beat like mine did? I've always wanted to learn calligraphy but have never taken a class or tried to teach myself. When I heard they would be offering a free online class I immediately signed up and purchased my supplies. I can't wait for the first session! If you are interested you can sign up here



Two.
I made fajita stuffed peppers for dinner one night this week and they were amazing. You can find the recipe here. I switched out the chicken for ground beef and the brown rice for quinoa. This is a new favorite in our house! 



Three.
Let it snow (pretty please!) NC had lots of snowy weather earlier this week. I mentioned we were out of school on Tuesday because of freezing rain. That's just not cutting it though! I want the real deal.. SNOW. Everywhere else in NC has gotten snow this winter except where I live. I'm so jealous of all the pictures my friends are sending me of the snow! I remain hopeful we will get some (maybe? just a little!). Justin and I started talking about snow and the conversation somehow led to "we need to do a snow dance" which led to googling "how to do a snow dance". While we were researching this important topic we learned some other fun ways to make it snow. Like, putting ice cubes on your front porch, putting a spoon under your pillow, put a white crayon in the freezer, run around your table 5 times, wear your pj's backwards, do a snow dance and flush an ice cube down the toilet. We may have completed ALL of these. Except the white crayon because I didn't have one. Even with all that, still no snow. I blame it on the crayon. 

Four. 
It looks like the stomach bug has made it way to our house. I was at a hair appointment yesterday when it hit me- worst timing ever right?! I had to leave with my hair still wet to go home. After a miserable evening and night I'm hoping the worst is over. 


3 comments:

  1. You can have some of our snow here in Cary! I can't believe how much snow we received this week. The weather forecast says it is possible that we may get more Sunday... we will see! Thanks for the heads up on the calligraphy class. I am signing up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how fun! I would love to learn calligraphy...I have lots of friends who have yet to get married, that could definitely come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to send you any of the snow we've had! We've basically been out of school for 2 weeks here in the triangle! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: