Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Best Day Ever- Our Wedding Ceremony

I've slowly been getting a wedding recap on the blog. (The wedding was on August 8th, 2015) If you missed the prior post you can see getting ready here, rehearsal dinner here, and the bridesmaid brunch here. Love is in the air though seeing as the Bachelor is back on! It's only fitting I go back to share a piece of our love story. (; This is where it gets super special though.. the ceremony! Our ceremony and reception took place at St Thomas Preservation Hall in Wilmington. It took lots of searching to find the perfect place because there are so many options but we for sure chose the absolute perfect place for us. The building is a former catholic church in the heart of historic downtown Wilmington. I immediately fell in love with the brick walls and large stained glass windows! 

The whole day of the wedding I was a ball of emotions. I was unbelievably excited but also a little nervous and overwhelmed with all of the attention. The girls got ready in the downstairs area of St Thomas so it was VERY hard to not sneak upstairs and help set things up and check on how things were going. I actually did spend the first hour or so upstairs that morning helping with things until I finally realized I needed to be downstairs with the girls relaxing and laughing! 

When it was time for the ceremony to start I was nervous to walk down the aisle but as soon as the doors opened and I saw Justin I knew it was all going to be okay. The whole time our preacher Dr Lundy was speaking I remember just thinking "I can't believe this is happening" over and over. I don't remember a lot of what was said so I am SO happy we have a video of the ceremony to look back at! Were any of you like that on your wedding day? I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking! 


Justin's parents entering the ceremony


I love this picture of Justin when he first saw me! 




I love this picture because I can see both of our parents as well as other family members praying to bless our marriage. SO special!! 

Our pastor was amazing! He was Justin's pastor growing up. He was serious but funny and always knew just what to say!


The kiss! We're married!

haha, this is my WE DID IT!! moment. There was a whole lot of anticipation and planning leading up to this moment. 

I'm pretty sure we practically ran down the aisle and out of the church, Justin giving a high five to all of his favorites on the way. 

my sister and Justin's brother

That was the best feeling in the world. Knowing all of the hard work had paid off and I was now MARRIED to my best friend. I love thinking back to that feeling. Next up is the reception recap coming soon! 




5 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS location for your ceremony! It's absolutely stunning. I love your dress and that suuuuper long veil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ceremony was gorgeous! I love the archways. Your dress is just gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the location, your dress, your veil - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I love all the details...weddings are my favorite!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ceremony...also love the guys' attire!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: