Monday, February 26, 2018

Weekending

This past weekend we had highs in the mid to upper 70's and sunny weather... in February. It was absolutely glorious! I now officially have spring fever! This weekend one of my friends from college came to visit and we had the best time soaking up the sun and just relaxing. Friday night I made french dip sandwiches  and Justin's parents stopped by so we visited with them. I showed her the nursery progress and we spent hours catching up. I think we finally called it a night around midnight which is insane because I normally cannot hold my eyes open past 9:30 these days. 


Saturday morning we enjoyed bagels and then soaked up the sun with a four mile walk on the beach. It was so pretty and relaxing and just perfect! It didn't feel hot like it does in summer so we didn't even think about sunscreen. Well that was a mistake because we actually got sunburned! Just from walking on the beach... in February. NC weather y'all... It's something else! 



After our walk we showered and met Justin out for crab cake sandwiches and a little shopping. I found the cutest little bubble for Anna Claire at TJ Maxx! I'm so excited we are having a girl because all of the clothes are just the cutest! Saturday night we were sunburned and exhausted so we watched a movie and called it a night pretty early. Oh how our nights have changed since college!  


Sunday morning my friend Kristi headed out early and Justin and I kept the nursery at church and went to Florence, SC to visit his grandmother who was just released from the hospital. She has unfortunately  been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. We will be making many more trips to Florence this spring to visit with her! Please keep her in your prayers! Overall it was such a nice weekend.. I'm hoping some of the warm temps carry over into this workweek! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow you lucky things catching the sun - sounds like a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend!! That bubble is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bubble is SO cute-I also think it's so funny, every time I read your little girl's name in your posts it still surprises me because that's my best friend's new baby girl's name as well-too funny!

    xoxo, SS


    Southern and Style

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: