Friday, January 20, 2012

Fancy Friday

I can tell my world has forever changed now that I am in more of a teacher role. Everywhere I go something reminds me of children's literature or what we are working on in class. Two nights ago at dinner I received a very blank stare from a friend after I made the comment "does the brick around that window remind you of the brick house in The Three Little Pigs?" haha, whoops! It is also the inspiration for this post title. Fancy Friday inspired from Fancy Nancy, aka the most adorable little girl ever! Any who..

It's finally Friday!
This week went by extremely fast for me! Having Monday off and a teacher workday on Tuesday made the week fly by- no complaints from me! I'm excited for this weekend because I am heading home to see my family! I'll probably get home kinda late tonight and plan to stay in and relax. Tomorrow is a big day for me though and I couldn't be more excited! My mom, sister and I have plans to head to Winston Salem to do a little shopping Saturday morning. I will then be having lunch with a good blog friend, Ashley from Everyday AEM. I am beyond excited to finally meet her in person! If you haven't checked out her blog you should do so now.. I promise you will love it! Ashley is also student teaching in a second grade class so I know we will have loads to talk about!

After lunch and shopping we will be heading to Kernersville to attend the Winter Blues Women's Conference. To say I am excited is an understatement!! This is put on by Angela Thomas, a nationally known Christian speaker. My mom and I did one of her bible studies this summer and loved it. She is very down to earth and relates personally to women. This is the promo video for the conference.


On another note, I just have to share the letter I received in the mail yesterday. It's From Charlie.. my dog... (yes, seriously)


Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. yay have fun! and congrats on a sucessful first week of student teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAAHA..love Charlie's note and his heart frame suggestion!

    You've been tagged! Stop by to check it out: http://sundressesandsmiles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Charlie's note is too cute! Congrats on your second week of student teaching--YAY! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love that your dog sent you a letter in the mail!! I can't wait to chat with you tomorrow about our new teacher lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The note from your dog is too cute! Have fun at lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That note from your dog is too cute! I can see myself sending people notes from my dog...I think people like her more than me! Ha :) Have a great weekend - sounds like a bunch of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: