Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Sunday



I hope you all had a nice Easter! We had such a nice Easter Sunday here celebrating our risen Savior. I am so thankful for the truth that our Lord, Jesus Christ has risen! 

We started out Easter Sunday attending church. There were tons of babies at church all dolled up in their smocked dresses and bonnets. They were so adorable! I couldn't help but imagine what Easter next year will be like!  After church we went to my moms house for Easter dinner. Justin's parents joined also which was so nice to have the whole family together. I made broccoli cornbread and North Carolina Charms Strawberry Yogurt Bundt cake.. both are so good! Mom is an excellent cook and had a whole spread for us including chicken cordon bleu casserole, green beans, glazed carrots, tenderloin and broccoli salad. After lunch we relaxed the rest of the day and just enjoyed each others company! It was the perfect day! I'm so excited for Easter next year when we will have an almost one year old! 

 



Today starts my spring break and I am SO excited for a week off work. This week I plan on going into complete nesting mode, relaxing whenever I feel like I need to and going on lots of walks. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday! 

4 comments:

  1. He is RISEN indeed. You look fabulous and I agree, all the babies dressed up at church is the best around Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Easter! Enjoy your spring break! I'm on break this week too, and I plan on getting some spring cleaning done!

    Kristin
    stripesandsangria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh it's getting so close! I remember all of our last holidays without Camden and they were SO special thinking "next year we will be doing this or that!" Soak it all up mama!! You looked gorgeous on Easter, btw! That sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Easter! That cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: