Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekending

We had such a nice weekend here in NC!! I just love this time of year when the weather is not too hot and not cold. As nice of a weekend as it was it did start out a little hectic in true Friday the 13th fashion. When I got off work I came home to find our dog, Henson, had somehow managed to get an entire bag of semi sweet chocolate chips off of out kitchen counter (he has NEVER gotten anything off the kitchen counter before!) and eaten the entire bag. I am also missing a stick of butter I had out to soften so I think he ate that as well. Chocolate is toxic to dogs and semi sweet more so than some other kinds so our vet suggested we bring him in. We had family coming over in an hour and I had planned to bake a cake and pick up in the house real quick before they got there but instead off we went to the vet. One hefty vet bill later Henson is okay, thank goodness. To add to the chaos when I called Justin to tell him about Henson he left work 15 minutes early to meet us at the vet and left ALL of the meat he had bought to grill that night in the fridge at his work. Dinner that night was a tad bit late since we had to go back to the store for more chocolate chips and meat. Whew, hectic for sure.. but the evening turned around in our favor thank goodness! 

..and we are down to T-Minus 15 days since I took that snap! 

Once all of that was settled both of our parents came over to grill out and install shelves in the nursery. I made a strawberry and feta cheese salad, corn on the cob, a chocolate chip bundt cake and Justin grilled burgers, brats and chicken. It was all so good! I always love showing off Anna Claire's newest items whenever mom or Justin's mom come over so they got to see everything new. After dinner Justin's dad hung a mirror for us and installed some shelves. The nursery is just about complete! I'll be posting pictures soon!



Saturday we were up early to walk in the Holden Beach color run 5K that supported my school. I'm hoping lots of walking may help this baby come on out but we shall see... No sign of that yet (; Afterward it was so nice I headed to the beach for a bit to catch up on some reading and then treated my swollen feet to a pedicure. That afternoon I organized the nursery closet while Justin was golfing. That night we installed the car seat and bases in our cars and finally crashed in bed at .....8:45. True life. 



On Sunday we took a tour of the hospital. It was so nice to see what we can expect when the time comes! That night some of our friends had us over for prime rib, mac and cheese, green beans and blueberry cobbler. It was all delicious and such a nice way to end the weekend! I'm super sad the weekend is over but ready to kick start this week because it means we are one day closer to Anna Claire's arrival! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! Minus the Friday night debacle... glad Henson is alright!! I can't wait to see the nursery and that's so crazy you only have 15 days till your due date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are your belly are so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: