Sunday, March 27, 2011

Inspirational Sunday



Okay I am going to be a little more serious in this post today but firstttt, let me just tell you about yesterday.. As I had posted, yesterday my sorority had initiation. It tends to last a while so about 30 minutes before it started I decided to warm some lunch up at the house in the toaster over. (Let me just set the scene: the house has my entire chapter inside and everyone is anxious to begin) So I am warming up my food and turn my back for just a few seconds to grab something out of the fridge. When I returned I was met by the toaster oven on FIRE. yes, completely up in flames! There was smoke everywhere, girls screaming, and smoke alarms going off. One of my sorority sisters grabbed the outdoor fire extinguisher to put out the flames before they got bigger and we were then left with a huge burnt mess. So yes, for the past 24 hours I have been addressed by my sisters as the girl who almost burnt down ZTA. How embarrassing?!


Haha but on a more serious note, I just love Sundays! Starting the day with church and lunch with close friends/family is just perfect. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I want my life to turn out and what is really important to me. The Lord is such an important aspect of my life. Unfortunately sometimes with the college lifestyle it is easy to loose sight of that. I heard a very motivational sermon this morning reminding me just how powerful God is. I hate always stressing about school, work and petty little things. I know if I spent more time in prayer things like school and work would not be nearly as stressful as they are! I will be trying to better myself as a person this week.


I was thinking, what if I made a point to go out of my way to do ONE nice thing for someone a day? It could really make a difference, I'm going to try that this week- it would be awesome if you did as well! I hope yall have a blessed Sunday!

oh and GO HEELS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Thoughts(: