Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Say What?

I have had the oddest Wednesday! I woke up to a forecast of 80 degree weather. In case mother nature forgot it is still November. I wasn't complaining though! I slipped on some Nike shorts and booked it to class. One hour into my class alarms began going off on campus informing students that we were currently under a lock down. An armed individual had been spotted on campus and we were to go no where. We spent the next 3-4 hours sitting in the same room not aloud to leave. Looking out the windows this is what we saw:





Police flooded campus, students stuck under lock down, helicopters flying around, sirens and alarms. Chaos? YES! Then we hear there is a tornado warning.. even more chaos? Yeah! We finally get the all clear and go on with our day, that is until we hear what really happened. Are you ready for a laugh? The supposed man spotted with a gun on campus actually had an UMBRELLA. Seriously, an umbrella. The entire thing was a false alarm. How embarrassing. So that is how I have spent my day. I would call it wacky Wednesday!

On another note, have you been tuneing in to the Hart of Dixie on Monday nights? I don't watch too much TV but I do make an exception for this show, Desperate Housewives and Sweet Home Alabama on CMT. Hart of Dixie has proven to be by far my favorite! It is it's first season airing. If you haven't seen it I suggest you check it out! Rachel Bilson is just too cute and funny adjusting to life in Bluebell Alabama.


5 comments:

  1. I had the same experience last Monday! The college where I work was on lockdown because a hunter was spotted nearby. Crazy! Hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People on my FB were talking about the ECU "gunman"...that is awful yall had to go on lockdown for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy false alarm!!
    I haven't had the chance to watch Hart of Dixie. I hope to catch up on it - marathon style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything is good at ECU, its always better to be on the safe side though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with Hart of Dixie! It makes mondays so so much better :) and that sounds like a scary day! Glad everything turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: