Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Recent Reads

I love to read and am always on the lookout for book recommendations from others. Today I'm sharing some of my recent reads and what I thought about them. I'll start with my absolute FAVORITE...



The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

This may be my favorite book I have ever read. Seriously, it is SO good. It is about two sisters living in France during World War II. I am normally not into historical fiction but this had been recommended to me by my mom and on my "to read list" for a while so I finally picked it up and I am SO glad I did. It is a very real and emotional read that was so eye opening to me about what life was like during that time. I actually listened to this book on Audible which I think I may have enjoyed even more than reading because of all the French accents. A book I cannot recommend enough! 



One True Love by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

A story about a girl who marries her high school sweetheart. They have the perfect marriage until suddenly he goes missing after a tragic helicopter crash. Years later she runs into an old friend and ends up falling in love again. She gets her second chance at love- until her husband is found, alive. He had been alive and trying to get to her the entire time. Now she must choose between her first love and husband and her now new fiancee. I couldn't stop reading this story and definitely shed a few tears at the end. It was an excellent read! 



When Breath Becomes Air 

This was a quick read and another emotional story. It is a memoir about a young neurosurgeon finishing his residency at Stanford when he is diagnosed with Stage lV lung cancer at the age of 36. Again, not the type of book I normally pick up but it came to me recommended and I am glad I read it. It wasn't my favorite out of all of the books listed here but I did still really like it! 



The Chemist 

I actually read this book over the summer after spotting it at our local library. The title stuck out to me for some reason so I picked it up and am SO glad I did! I flew through this highly engaging book about an ex-agent who is on the run from her old employer. She used to work for the government and knows one of their darkest secrets. When they decided she was a liability she was forced to run for her life and try to clear her name. If you are into Criminal Minds and detective shows you will love this book! 


If you have any book recommendations please send them my way! 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about the first one and it is definitely on my next read list! Thanks for sharing! Happy Wednesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added Nightingale to my Amazon wishlist because it sounds SO good to me (I'm a sucker for historical fiction!)

    xoxo, SS


    Southern and Style

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: