Sunday, May 1, 2011

Classic

Happy May Day!

Beach Music Festival was a blast! I hope everyone had a nice weekend at Foxfields or where ever you were! Beach music was filled with lots of dancing where I met some new lovely ladies who taught me some new moves. Always fun! The Embers were my favorite band but I think the best part of the entire thing was meeting new people. One new person was the inventor of a new product called "Bottoms Up Beer". This is a machine that is designed to fill beer up from the bottom instead of the top. The cups are filled much quicker and with NO foam what so ever. Greatest invention ever? Possibly.  



The inventor himself


Now to what I really want to blog about..

As the boy and I had an amazing lazy day, we tuned into one of our favorite shows- The Andy Griffith Show. This is a classic that is still being shown today. Will all of these reality shows I watch everyday be remembered in 50 years? No, Andy Griffith will be though! I just adore this show and every single cast member. It is clean and refreshing and honestly just plain funny! How can you not laugh at Barney Fife? I can't imagine living life as they do in Mayberry. So simple and perfect.  


There is also a little lady by the name of Shirley Temple who is also classic and adorable! I just loved watching Shirley Temple when I was growing up. She filmed way before my time, however, every visit to my grandmothers house resulted in the viewing of one of her movies. She can sing and dance and just be precious. Does this bring back memories for anyone else?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I love your dress!

    P.S. Thanks so much for following my blog! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so cute and that beer invention sounds super cool!

    I'm a big Shirley Temple fan too, when I was little I even had videos that my parents taped off of the TV of Shirley and I would watch them over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy Griffith was one of my daddy's favorites so I always watched it with him :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Thoughts(: